Get an Appointment for FREE Tax Preparation Help in a Buffalo School
- Your annual income is $57,000 or less (for a household of 4)
- Appointments are REQUIRED this year. Call 211 or make appointment below for in-person at a Buffalo Public School. We cannot accommodate walk-ins.
Required items for your appointment
- Bring copies of your Photo ID cards of Taxpayer & Spouse if filing Joint Return.
- Bring copies of the Social Security cards of all people on the Tax return.
- Copies of your W-2s for each job held in 2021 for each person in the household, this form reports your name, wages, and other tax information to the IRS.
- 1099’s showing either:
- Unemployment Income
- Social Security Income
- State tax refund
- IRS Letter 6419 – Proof of Advance Child Tax Credit Payments
- IRS Letter 14444-C – 2021 Economic Impact Payment – Federal Stimulus Payments
- 1095-A if you received credit from the healthcare.gov marketplace.
- Income/interest statements received savings accounts or investments.
- For direct deposits – a valid bank account and bank routing number must be provided
What to expect when you arrive
- You will be asked to complete IRS Intake Form – Please answer all questions
- Sign and Date your IRS intake Form page 4.
- Sign and date the IRS Virtual VITA Taxpayer Consent Form – it is required to work on your return
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
Saturday April 2, 10:30a-12:30p
Frank Sedita School #30
350 Vermont Ave. Buffalo, NY 14213
MAKE APPOINTMENT HERE (click your preferred appointment time, then click “submit and sign up” at bottom and complete your information on the next page).
Monday April 4, 5:30p-7:00p
Bennett Community Campus
2885 Main St, Buffalo, NY 14214
ALL APPOINTMENT SLOTS ARE CURRENTLY BOOKED.