Are you a senior in a Buffalo public high school concerned about the transition from high school to college? Do you need a caring and trusting adult to provide you with encouragement and support? Are you wondering what it will take to exchange your backpack for a briefcase? The Say Yes Scholar Mentoring Program can help!
The Say Yes Scholar Mentoring Program is now available to any Buffalo public high school junior or senior that will become a Say Yes Scholar, as well as current Say Yes Scholars attending one of the ten local Say Yes partner schools listed below:
- Bryant and Stratton College
- Buffalo State
- Canisius College
- Daemen College
- D’Youville College
- Erie Community College
- Medaille College
- Trocaire College
- University at Buffalo
- Villa Maria College
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Volunteer mentors are assigned to Say Yes Scholars during their senior year of high school to assist with their transition from high school to-and-through post-secondary education. Throughout the mentoring relationship, students receive advice, guidance, and support to assist them in reaching their full potential. Participants of the program commit to having contact in person, by phone, through text, via email, FaceTime or Skype four times a month for a period of eighteen months.
BENEFITS FOR MENTEES
- Receive assistance in navigating the transition from high school to college/post-secondary education.
- Gain insight from working professionals.
- Develop a network of educational and professional contacts.
- Build a healthy relationship with a caring adult.
- Receive advice from an individual with college experience
HOW TO ENROLL AS A MENTEE