How to apply
To apply for a Say Yes Buffalo scholarship, students must complete the following steps:
- Say Yes will use this form to determine each student’s Say Yes Scholarship and ensure that the student is processed in time for the fall semester. Award disbursements (payments) are made after the start of fall and spring semesters and are paid directly to the college. For help completing the application, use our “how to” found by clicking here.
- Click here to complete the Say Yes Buffalo Scholarship Application Form by May 1 of your senior year of high school. (LINK CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION)
- Apply and be admitted to a Say Yes partner college (click here for a full list of Say Yes partner colleges)
- Apply for financial aid (complete and submit FAFSA and TAP applications).Say Yes students must apply for financial aid at Say Yes colleges prior to every year they attend college. Please keep in mind that colleges may have different deadlines and forms to complete. All students must complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) and a New York State TAP (Tuition Assistance Program) application and verification process if required by Say Yes Buffalo deadlines. Some private colleges, such as Syracuse University, also require that students complete a CSS Financial Aid Profile. Say Yes Tuition Scholarships are considered “last dollar scholarships” and can only be determined after a student has applied for financial aid at the college they are considering. COVID-19 UPDATE: Need help applying for financial aid? Book a virtual appointment with NY Gear Up here.
- Let Say Yes Buffalo know which college you plan to attend by logging into your account and updating the “my college” tab.