The Say Yes Ambassadors (SYAs) are a select group of college students dedicated to the positive promotion of Say Yes Buffalo within their community. These volunteers will serve as liaisons between Say Yes Buffalo and students, families, higher education, Buffalo public and charter schools, donors, and other key stakeholders in the Say Yes partnership. They will participate in Say Yes events throughout the year, serve as guest speakers and greeters, and help educate the community at large about the mission of Say Yes.
As part of their commitment to the SYA program, students will have the opportunity to develop and receive training in professional communication, public relations, interpersonal and networking skills, and exposure to the higher education, internship and career opportunities.
Students selected for the program are expected to make an eight-month commitment. Upon completion of the program, students will be considered an Ambassador Alumni and are encouraged to maintain involvement through attending one workshop per year, speaking engagements, and participating in the community service project.
SYAs may participate in the following events and activities:
- Community Leadership Council meeting (3 times/year)
- Angel Donor Breakfast (3 times/year)
- Say Yes Scholar College Kickoff scheduled for June 2019
- Donor/Scholar Thank You event
- Say Yes workshops
- Scholarship fairs
- Writing letters and thank you notes to donors
- Making telephone calls to donors
- Additional events, such as promotional events, donor dinners/cocktail parties, etc.
- Community events, such as Juneteenth, the Puerto Rican Day parade, etc.
- Office volunteer work as needed
- Enhance communication and public speaking skills
- Networking opportunities
- Leadership experience
- Skill-building for resume enhancement
- All transportation costs covered – NFTA tokens available
- Say Yes name tags, business cards, and assessment tool at beginning of program
- Personalized padfolio, Say Yes merchandise, and gift card upon program completion