The Say Yes Parent Center Engagement Liaison enhances, supports, and coordinates parent and family involvement and engagement initiatives that focus on improving students’ achievement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and maintains a positive working relationship with schools and community
- Performs administrative tasks for the day to day coordination or programs and activities at Parent Centers
- Track and assist in the monitoring of Parent Center programs, direct services, and activities
- Update and maintain all parent center and adult education activity data
- Serve as a critical connector to internal (BPS) and external (Community-based) parent and family supports
- Make phone calls/send e-mails to maintain ongoing communication with families and partners
- Lead the following task at the assigned location that include but are not limited to: Identify parent needs, interests, plan parent workshops, generate strong attendance at events and programs, and communicate with parents about resources and opportunities in a variety of ways, both at school and in the community designed to support parent/family engagement in education
- Develop an outreach plan that illustrates targeted recruitment efforts within their school communities, surrounding schools, community agencies, business, faith based communities, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Engage school communities (BPS staff and school based community partners) in parent center usage opportunities
- Align appropriate Parent Center support with school based family engagement opportunities. (e.g. SBMT meetings, PTO/PTA meetings, report card nights, award ceremonies, etc.)
- Participates in appropriate meetings as determined by supervisor to include but are not limited to (SBMT, Community School meetings, PTO/PTA, etc.)
- In partnership with Zone Leader, Community School Navigator, and Director of Parent & Family Programs develop quarterly work partnership plans to support Saturday Academy programming
- Turnkey information from parent trainings, PTO/PTA meetings, and other parent events
- Create a welcoming atmosphere in the Parent Room
- Disseminate information from stakeholders and partners that support decreasing obstacles to parents being able to support their child’s academic success
- Communicate frequently with parents about ways they can support their child’s learning at school, home and in the community.
- Conduct quarterly surveys to identify interest, talent, and availability of potential parent volunteers.
- Use results for surveys to organize a database of parent volunteers to:
- Assist with parent activities
- Serve as community ambassadors to share Community School Information
- Serve in various leadership roles and/or attend regular meetings held by groups, organization, or committees such as: DPCC, BPTO, MEAC, SEPAC, SBMT, SCEP, DCIP, Say Yes Engaging Fathers Workgroup, Say Yes Family Engagement Workgroup, Community Schools, etc.
- Become active member of the PTO/PTA
- Availability to work non-traditional, coordinated with operating hours of Parent Center including evenings and weekends
- Valid NYS Driver’s License
- Must have reliable transportation
- High School graduate or GED
- Must be endorsed annually by the school principal
- Must pass a background check
- Knowledge of community resources
- Experience working with parents of school aged youth preferably in urban centers
- Ability to build community partnerships and maintain working relationships
- Ability to collaborate with school, district and community leaders
- Must have a strong desire to support other parents and students
- Must be committed to partnership building with the school, families and the community
- Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Must have strong interpersonal communication skills; strong written communication skills preferred
- Ability to demonstrate cultural sensitivity and work with a diverse group of people
- Ability to collect and analyze data to inform decisions
- Proficient with computer programs that include but are not limited to: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to organize, prioritize and respond to deadlines while working on multiple tasks
- Exhibits the ability to be a creative thinker and self-starter
- Multilingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Part time schedule will vary. Some evenings and Saturdays required.
For additional information and top apply, visit: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/CHI1024/JobBoard/fc2db33d-38be-deed-f072-cce806dbf68f/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=be7b0c29-f25f-4fc1-8a69-3a25fa1080b9