About the Community Leadership Council
Comprised of more than 60 elected officials, business leaders, educators, parents, District officials, community leaders and faith leaders, the Community Leadership Council is charged with monitoring and facilitating the progress of Say Yes Buffalo.
The Council is co-chaired by:
- Sharon Belton-Cottman, President, Buffalo Board of Education
- Hon. Byron Brown, Mayor, City of Buffalo
- Dr. Catherine Collins, Member, 8th Judicial District, New York State Board of Regents
- William Joyce, Chair, Say Yes Buffalo Scholarship Board
- Hon. Tim Kennedy, New York State Senator for District 63
- Hon. Crystal Peoples-Stokes, New York State Assemblymember for District 141
- Maria Whyte, Deputy Erie County Executive
The Council meets 3 times per year, and all meetings are open to the public.