The Say Yes Ambassadors (SYAs) are a select group of college students dedicated to the positive promotion of Say Yes Buffalo within their community. These volunteers will serve as liaisons between Say Yes Buffalo and students, families, higher education, Buffalo public and charter schools, donors, and other key stakeholders in the Say Yes partnership. They will participate in Say Yes events throughout the year, serve as guest speakers and greeters, and help educate the community at large about the mission of Say Yes.
As part of their commitment to the SYA program, students will have the opportunity to develop and receive training in professional communication, public relations, interpersonal and networking skills, and exposure to the higher education, internship and career opportunities.
Students selected for the program are expected to make a one-year commitment. There will be potential for ambassadors to extend their commitment beyond the first year should they wish to take on enhanced leadership opportunities.
SYAs may participate in the following events and activities:
- Community Leadership Council meeting (3 times/year)
- Angel Donor Breakfast (3 times/year)
- Say Yes Scholar Symposium scheduled for Summer 2016
- Donor/Scholar Thank You event
- Say Yes workshops
- Scholarship fairs
- Writing letters and thank you notes to donors
- Making telephone calls to donors
- Additional events, such as promotional events, donor dinners/cocktail parties, etc.
- Community events, such as Juneteenth, the Puerto Rican Day parade, etc.
- Office volunteer work as needed
Benefits of being a SYA:
- Enhance communication and public speaking skills
- Networking opportunities
- Leadership experience
- Skill-building for resume enhancement
- All transportation costs covered – NFTA tokens available
- Tablet for successful completion of the program