The Program Supervisor: Student Outreach will be responsible for the recruitment and engagement of students into the internship program. The position will be responsible for coordinating relationships with area colleges, hosting outreach events and training/preparation events for the interns, and tracking data. Will work closely with the Program Supervisor: Employer Outreach to oversee the program. Reports to the Director of Development and Strategic Partnerships.
- Recruits Say Yes scholars for internships and associated trainings and workshops
- Establish effective relationship with local college partners to facilitate communication with scholars and participate in campus internship and employment-related events
- Develops and maintains scholar/internship database
- Monitors Say Yes Scholars during the course of the internships to ensure students are supported
- Facilitates mandatory professional skills trainings prior to internships’ start dates for all interns
- Disseminates internship postings (from employers to colleges)
- Assembles and maintains files for each participating student including documentation of progress and related paperwork such as: resumes, agreement forms, assignments and employer evaluations
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to cultivate relationships with students and colleges to grow number of interns placed and increase student participation in workshops and programs
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, and with a minimum amount of supervision
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills to effectively work with and interact with diverse individuals and groups of students
- Knowledge and experience in a diverse environment and working with diverse people
- Bachelor’s degree required, Masters preferred
- Directly relevant work experience strongly preferred (occupational or career counseling, job placement services, etc.).
- Must have excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Experience in higher education a plus
- This position requires both attending and hosting occasional evening or weekend events, which requires flexibility in work hours.
Please note this is a grant-funded position currently funded through February 2019. Additional funding is pending for years 2-5.
Posting expires on Friday, November 3.