The Director will provide management and oversight to the Say Yes school-based preventive program operating in the Buffalo Public School system.
- As a key liaison between the Say Yes school-based preventive program, Erie County, the school district, and community based organizations, the Director oversees administrative operations, communications, and program components with the authority to exercise reasonable judgment and resolve problems that are central to the successful operation of the program.
- The Director receives feedback from and communicates with multiple governing entities. Specifically, he or she reports directly to the Executive Director of Say Yes and the Chief Operating Officer of Child & Family Services, while receiving feedback from the Erie County Department of Social Services. The capability of understanding multiple perspectives to a situation and proposing subsequent action steps is critical to the success of the Director.
- The Director serves as the primary point of contact between Say Yes and Child & Family Services on Human Resources, Informational Technology, Preventive Programming and Finance.
- The Director provides direction to a team of supervisors. He or she assesses individuals’ skill sets, develops an approach to build direct reports’ professional skill sets, and addresses any performance deficits.
- A Master’s degree in a human services field with 5 years community based experience and 3 years supervisory experience
- Strong management skills as well as the ability to foster supervisory skills in other staff.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY through our partner agency Child & Family Services of Buffalo