The Say Yes Family Support Specialist is a full time position, located in the Buffalo Public School system. Family Support Specialists, with the knowledge of the building principals, work directly with students and families who are experiencing difficulties with behavior or other social-emotional issues. Family Support Specialists facilitate the implementation of Say Yes Buffalo and other partner initiatives and programs in the school in which they are assigned
- Work directly with students linked with the Erie County Department of Social Services (ECDSS) as referred by BPS Student Support Teams as needing Positive Behavior Intervention Supports Tier 3 services. This work can include documentation of progress, outcomes and service plans and home and family visits. Some non-traditional hours maybe required.
- Adhere to all ECDSS laws and regulations regarding preventive services including requirements regarding contacts and documentation.
- Work with building administrators to implement tasks related to the Say Yes Student Management System (SMS) for students, parents, and teachers, including questions related to survey completion and how to access individual student growth plans and data driven interventions and outcomes.
- Participate in on-site collaboration, facilitation and enrollment of referred students and families with identified service providers including satellite mental health clinics, in-school legal and health services, after school providers and other identified services.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 3 years’ community experience OR Master’s degree plus 1 year experience, required.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY through our partner agency Child & Family Services of Buffalo