How to File an Appeal for Scholarship Eligibility
Say Yes Buffalo provides students who are initially deemed not eligible for its scholarships the opportunity to file an appeal for eligibility. In some instances, appeals are granted immediately – those cases include students who have McKinney Vento, Foster Care or Refugee status and can provide proof of that status (e.g., a copy of your I-94 form, a letter from a counselor/caseworker, etc.).
***Click here to see the eligibility requirements for Say Yes Buffalo Scholarships***
IF YOU’RE A HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT, CLICK HERE TO COMPLETE AN APPEAL
IF YOU’RE A COLLEGE STUDENT, CLICK HERE TO COMPLETE AN APPEAL
On the appeal, you will be asked to provide the following information:
I am requesting an appeal based on:
1) Residency – I do not reside within the City of Buffalo
2) Graduation – I did not graduate from Buffalo Public or Charter School
3) Continuous Enrollment – I was not continuously enrolled in a Buffalo Public or Charter School from 9th to 12th grade
4) FAFSA/TAP Completion – I did not successfully complete the FAFSA and/or TAP application by the deadline indicated by Say Yes (August 31 for fall semester, December 31 for spring semester)
5) Time Limits – I did not start at a Say Yes partner college within one academic year of high school graduation or I took off more than one year after I started college
6) Academics – I did not get a 2.0 GPA and/or I did not earn 12 credits for two semesters in a row
7) Part-Time Status – I am not registered for a minimum of 12 credits
8) Special consideration for a Say Yes Choice or Opportunity Grant
9) Additional time needed to complete my degree
10)Other – please explain in detail the reason for your appeal request
Note to students: Please remember to attach any supporting documentation, including unofficial transcripts, proof of FAFSA/TAP submission, written statements, etc. to the electronic application form when you submit your appeal.
Questions about the appeal process? Contact our scholarship department at email@example.com or (716) 247-5310.